Zorn Palette Long Portrait Demo

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Zorn Palette Long Portrait Demo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Joseph will share his portrait painting process in a long-form demo from the live model, Joseph’s own niece. Building upon all of the previous lessons in his Portrait Painting for Beginner’s Course Joseph will now attempt to create a more finished work, in a very similar approach to how he would develop his own gallery pieces from his home studio. The first portion of this demonstration includes instruction in real time whereas the latter portion is time-lapsed with music underneath, which allows Joseph to focus on his work without the added burden of speaking.

GaryMGaryM
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great course but the last couple of minutes of chapter 2 is just a black screen with really high speed talking at the end!

AlexandraAlexandra
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for letting us know! It should be fixed now.

Anne Stickney
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

suggest strongly you not use this music- if that’s what it is- as background sound in the future. Very distracting.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Anne, thanks for you feed back. I have sent a request to our editors to have the music removed. This will take some time, but until then, I suggest muting the video and using the transcript to jump to the parts where he is speaking. Or you can turn on closed captions. I know this isn’t convenient, but I hope it helps

Ronjo SolisRonjo Solis
    Participant
    No points.

Hi, why is this called a Zorn Palette demo if he’s using a spectrum of colors?… or maybe i might be misunderstanding something?

thanks,

Corlina
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great demo, but I find it a bit problematic that the camera is at such a different angle than Joseph’s point of view. Would have preferred a picture, so we see what Joseph is seeing.

Also, the reference photos seem to be from a completely different model.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.