Yun-Ting’s 100 Day Challenge: Anatomy and figure drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Yun-Ting’s 100 Day Challenge: Anatomy and figure drawing

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Yun-Ting HsiehYun-Ting Hsieh
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Iliya for your comments. I am thrilled to have your comments on my anatomy study. It is the most valuable part being in this amazing community.

I agree that the skeletal system is too generic and not anatomically specific, although I am still in the early stage of learning anatomy, this is going to be improved gradually and definitely.

There are some uncertainties regarding my study direction,

1. Currently I attempt to study part by part to accomplish a whole figure anatomy. As I consider every part is interconnected and I can gradually build up a comprehensive knowledge by every drawing I make. I hope this direction is correct.

2. I am wondering if I should study anatomy and practice rendering skills at the same time, so that I could understand better how muscles affect the appearance.

3. I have less knowledge regarding muscle stretching, current studies might be too generic with less consideration of  gestural movement. Further to improve.

Thank you again Iliya, if you happen to drop by and give some feedback I would very appreciate. Also looking forward to all of your opinions. Thank you.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

My advice for you is keep studying 3d drawing and draw things other than the figure as well (organic things like branches, objects, drapery), also draw the figure from reference, and on top of that keep the anatomy studies coming. It’s really an all of the above approach. Each exercise informs the next. If you are up for the challenge try to draw from imagination as well.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.