Would love to connect with friendly artists/community :)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Would love to connect with friendly artists/community :)

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ellis LiuEllis Liu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey everyone! With the whole situation happening in the world right now, I’m very grateful that it steered me back on my path of improving my art. I have been oil painting on and off for almost 2 years now, I stopped going to a studio to try some home learning and just started my journey on NMA. However, i’m finding that on some days I need more motivation to complete my daily goal of sketching for 1 hour. Also, feeling quite stuck on my paintings… How do you get past that barrier of self motivation, criticism of your own work?

Would love to find a community of artists, and hear some personal tips and advice on setting a daily routine/ritual practice.

Greetings from Singapore!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome to the community!

The question you posed is a tough one for all artists. How do you find the energy and the willpower to continue?

For me, I try to think of working on my art as a necessity rather a choice. Whether I feel like it or not isn’t really relevant. Just get started and once you do your love of it will usually take over and help get you through it.

That said, it’s important to make progress. 2 years in, you need to learn, train, and of course draw, draw and don’t waste time!

I would consider making your daily drawing quota your 100 day challenge. At least this way our community and help encourage you and give you support.

Ellis LiuEllis Liu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Joshua! I just started on the 100 day challenge, and yesterday especially did not felt like drawing, but pushed through anyway.

Thank you for the advice!! Will keep pushing.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We are here to support you! Goooooo!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.