Which techniques and or approaches to drawing/painting are there?

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art Discussion Drawing Which techniques and or approaches to drawing/painting are there?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi everyone,

since in the moment I’m experimenting and are trying to find what works for me I got really interested in what types of different techniques and approaches to art (in this case drawing/painting) do exist out there. Additionally it was to suggested that I should start studying some of the masters.

But I found it to be really difficult to find the type of information I’m looking for if you don’t quite know how to articulate it. Just googling “techniques to art”, “old masters” or “art history” seems to be to vague. Sure I know some names and I roughly know that there are overall approaches like the Atelier/observational or the industrial design/construction ones but I also know that there is much more to it.

For example before NMA I never even heard of the observational/construction hybrid called russian academic approach. In that regard I’m just curious what else is out there, I mean for example the eastern (like for example china) world of art should also have some famous/interesting artist’s so I’m wondering if they might also have a special approach I never heard of before.

So since I imagine not being the only one interested in this I would be really thankful if someone could share his/her knowledge about those topics and/or even better how to approach researching such things … are there any specific resources or is there any type of special wording I have to use to find what I’m looking for?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Christopher.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Christopher.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.