The Shoulder Girdle: Simplified

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion The Shoulder Girdle: Simplified

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In the second part of Introduction to Anatomy for Artists, with Steve Huston, you will learn how to simply and understand the mechanics of the most complex structure in the body: the shoulder girdle. From diagrams, lectures, and illustrations from a life model, you will practice and gain confidence not only recognizing the anatomy of the shoulder but also drawing or painting it.

Helena
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, did the assignments get switched for part 2, the shoulder girdle? I was working on the 15 x 10 minute drawings of the back this week, but when I accessed the assignment PDF on the website today it had different tasks?

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Helena, We are always improving and clarifying content. Currently we are working on a track system much like a college curriculum. So the homework and course content will get tailored to optimize your education along these tracks.
    Because this is a relatively new task, we will have to adjust some of the material that has already been published, however, all future content will be sorted out before being published. Thank you for being patient and growing with us!
    If you are curious, this is the rough draft wip

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1snb6iXfrqL8p1IJ1GFVW3X-EjRvQ1tnHSqGsnRBkwXQ/edit?usp=sharing

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle.
    Nils-Petter Olsen
    Participant
    No points.

The assignment is gone, the link doesnt work. Reference, discussion and lesson details links work just fine.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Nils, This issue is due to a recent update. We are aware and are working to quickly resolve it. Thank you for being vigilant 😀

Kayin AaronKayin Aaron
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I just downloaded the assignment, I assume that is the new one, and we are up to date?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Kayin, as a general rule of thumb, if you see a light and dark version of the homework pdf, its safe to assume that the assignments are new, up to date, and applicable towards the track system that I linked above.

😀

Romel MadrayRomel Madray
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

At 6:32(time remaining )Steve explained that it is the corner that is most important. Therefore to judge the placement of the corner of the exterior of the shoulder use the lateral axis and also the shruging muscle ends, where it bundles up. For the interior corner use it to measure in terms of measurement. Therefore use the insertion point of the latimus dorsi to estimate if my placement of the external corner was correct or if i sized the body part correctly. length or width wise(I added this on myself). therefore it is valuable to know where the insertion or ending point of the latimus is to make the estimate.

Also at 1:02(time reamining Steve explains) where corners are created, but I am not sure why he says corners are created there. Are the corners there created because they represent a change in plane? a change in muscle form on the torso

Romel MadrayRomel Madray
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

At 8:09(time reamining) in this lecture, Steve discusses the shoulder blade separating out and creating a corner. Should I take this to mean that I am looking for forms that ride on top of the torso that bulge or separate out(via corners) and that I am looking to have these as structures?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Romel, I think you hit the nail on the head. Remember, form follows function. Specific forms exist because of the function they perform, so how you represent these forms will tell the viewer how to interpret it. Is it boxy and planar and strong? or round, soft and malleable?

Aasiya Hamdi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi for assignment 4 – the back ins contracted position I tried to think of the trapezius & rhomboid but I couldn’t understand the contraction still for this image 

I tried twice ^ at the bottom also I had attempted the scapula/ deltoid assignments and wanted to know for corrections

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.