Tanya S. 100 Day Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Tanya S. 100 Day Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Tanya SannutoTanya Sannuto
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Great pose you’ve chosen there Tanya.  Looks like a movie poster!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by David CarterDavid Carter.
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks David, I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone and incorporate the self-portrait challenge with the 100 Day challenge. For the 100 day I committed to a drawing one day, a painting the following. Of course I bit off far more than I could chew day 1 😂. By 1 am this morning I told myself I had to stop so I could paint something when I woke up 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Tanya SannutoTanya Sannuto.
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Repeated attempts at getting this on the canvas proportionately. Not there yet but the work so far 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Update

JeanetteMinnichJeanetteMinnich
    Participant
    No points.

I love the way the painting is developing, but have to confess I also liked the original post with some detail and shading, but other “unfinished” parts.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Jeanette, I am in complete agreement. This is a difficulty I seem to experience repeatedly. I find that once I go beyond a sketch it starts losing its life. But I feel like I still need to continue on just to learn what I need to do to refine things and find how to not lose the life of the painting. Thanks for your feedback. 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Worked on the hands today mostly

Charles HuCharles Hu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Tanya, The painting is coming along great!

Often when we started painting and we got caught up with color, color mixing and techniques….keep in mind to still remind yourself the initial design (Composition, Gesture, Shapes, value) of the piece. I did a draw over, to show you what’s the possibility on pushing the gesture to your shapes to give more harmony to the over all composition. Also pay attention on silhouettes how it effect the negative and positive space. Keep up the good work!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

“and the blind shall see….”,  with some help from their fellows :D. Hey, thank you so much Charles,  for taking the  time to help me on the journey with your pointers. It’s incredibly  helpful to have other eye’s scrutinize it objectively and to remind me of what must remain utmost.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Tanya SannutoTanya Sannuto.
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Still tinkering

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.