Suggestions for course after Vilpu’s Renaissance Figure Drawing?

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Suggestions for course after Vilpu’s Renaissance Figure Drawing?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Luis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, I’m wrapping up lesson 8 of Glenn Vilpu’s Renaissance Figure drawing course. I intend to go through it again but was wondering what course should I take next? Specifically a course that continues to follow the Renaissance methods of learning to draw.

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Luis.
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Which other courses have you taken so far?

Luis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Joshua

Renaissance Figure Drawing and Steve Houston’s sketchbook courses are the only series I’ve finished. The sketchbook course I took mostly for fun and tips. I also watched a handful of the Rey’s Anatomy class.

Since I posted this I did find Glenn’s anatomy course and also discovered Danny Galieote’s analysis of Pontormo. Unless you would recommend something else, I think these two would be good courses to take next.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Those are both rather advanced courses.

It would be good for you to do something foundational and complete.

I’d suggest doing this next:

https://www.nma.art/courses/russian-academic-drawing-course-the-fundamentals/

This will help you fill in gaps in your knowledge and also drill down on construction and observation.

Luis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Ok, I understand now why you recommended this course. At first I though “Russian Academic” sounded advanced but the first exercises are helpful. Thank you

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Yes I am learning that this is assumption many students are making. It is challenging for sure but I think you would get a lot out of it.

Luis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I believe I will. I’ve got a lot of time in quarantine to fill up lines from old, half filled composition notebooks 😀

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Sounds good. Please share your progress!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.