Study Group for Head Structure

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Study Groups Study Group for Head Structure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    JessicaJessica
    Participant
    No points.

Hello!  I’m looking for anyone interested in studying head structure together.  I’m working through a few different Lessons to try different points of view and methods on the head.  Steve Huston, Mark Westermoe, Glenn Vilppu, and Iliya Mirochnik.  I was hoping to find an artist (or several) who are working through the one of these lessons that would like to work together, encourage, and maybe be accountability partners for progress.  Let me know if you are interested. 🙂

bobby HOANG
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

hey, im interested. how do you want to go about it?

JessicaJessica
    Participant
    No points.

Hey Bobby!

To be honest, I’m not exactly sure, and I’m definitely open for suggestions.

What I’m hoping for is to team up to bounce off questions, ideas, methods….possibly help each other with practice ideas, setting goals etc.  I’ve been trying to study the head off and on for over a year.  I have made some progress, but I find that when I get stuck I put it aside for awhile.  I then have to refresh before I can move ahead…I’ll get a little further then set it aside again.  I’m really hoping that if I can find an accountability partner or partners that together we can work through it and make some real progress.

I’m into the anatomy portion of the head.  I’m trying to be able to draw the basic skull connections from memory before I move on to the muscles.  I think I’m still confused about the horizontal centerline (where within the eye socket does it land) which causes the foreheads to be off.  And cheekbone (zygomatic) still throws me off too.

Natalia CeronNatalia Ceron
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey I’m interested as well, I’m quite new to this site and drawing although its been something I’ve always been interested in. I was planning on starting with a few anatomy courses starting with the lesson head drawing for beginners, maybe we can start a groupchat or even upload our progress and we can critique each other?

Ellis LiuEllis Liu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for starting this thread! Im interested too. Been trying to study the head structure to improve my oil paintings 🙂 How’s everyone’s progress so far?

Bruno Ferreira de Camargo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey! 🙂 I’m interested too. Maybe we could create a group on WhatsApp, if everyone has that?

Ellis LiuEllis Liu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@bruno That’s a great idea! I can create a whatsapp group for us, if everyone can post their numbers on here or email it to me I can add you to the group 🙂

Ellisliu91@gmail.com

Luigi ManeseLuigi Manese
    Participant
    No points.

Hey guys, I’m interested in joining this study group as well. So far, I’ve been studying other artists to better my understanding of head structure, but I’d be down to go through one/some of the above listed courses.

@Ellis, I just e-mailed you my whatsapp information, in case things have already started there

Bruno Ferreira de Camargo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@Ellis @Luigi I just e-mailed my WhatsApp information too. And Luigi, under How to Draw the Head with Glenn Vilppu (https://www.nma.art/videolessons/how-to-draw-the-head-with-glenn-vilppu/), there are a few old masters analysis. Thought you’d might be interested in these, since you’ve been studying other artists.

JessicaJessica
    Participant
    No points.

@Ellis Lui,  I just emailed you as well.  Thank you so much for starting the group!

MarcoRainhoMarcoRainho
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Everyone, just requested to join the WhatsApp group.  Can’t wait to get better with all of you!

Ronjo SolisRonjo Solis
    Participant
    No points.

sending a mail to you 🙂 Ellisliu91@gmail.com

Tomas ChapotTomas Chapot
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey im intrested i just emailed you Ellis, Tomas

Ellis LiuEllis Liu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey @Ron, I didn’t receive your email. Do you mind re-sending it?

Don’t forget to include your country code 🙂

NISA METE
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, just emailed you Ellis:) Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.