Study group for 100 days?

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Study group for 100 days?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, does someone want to study with me for 100 days? We can study everything from portraiture, figure to landscapes and still life? Each week we can tackle a new subject! And then post our progress here!!

Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am gonna start studying from tomorrow, completed this study last night from a Russian master not sure but looked like a Russian head whatever that means.

If someone wants to join, be my guest!!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Great study. Planes on the forehead should move backward more. The break from front to side on the lower face needs to appear more 3d (it’s not clear how that plane is turning). Also I recommend you plane out the whole head, even if it is covered by hair we need to learn those planes as well. I like the idea of finding a study partner!

Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Ahhh, it seems I might have some weird bias for more verticle foreheads since Chris also pointed that out, gonna watch out for that next time, also I see what mean about distinguishing the front and side planes more clearly.

I actually do plan the whole head, but for reasons of presentation I try to give areas of rest and activity since generally, my facial structures look overly complicated.

Thank you, for the feedback!

Also Ikr, a study partner would be great!

Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

2-3 minute poses from imagination, starting with more gestural and quick studies,

to be perfectly honest I am not sure whether I can complete 100 days, not because I can’t draw every day, its just I put pressure on myself to make “finished” pieces, whatever that means

I tried this once before, wore myself out, while I still wanted to draw my body gave up, so I will try to take it easy, no pressure, some pieces will not be good as others, I just have to be okk with that.

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

hey, nice studies 🙂 ah you’ll make the 100 days easy. if u really gotta make finished pieces how about doing them over a few days and just posting the progress? might take the pressure off a bit. but i get what u mean xD

Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think that’s quite reasonable! Thank you for the suggestion and support!

Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day-3 quick head study

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Nice. I especially like your studies from imagination. While defining planes you’ve also nailed the gestures!

Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you paul! Glad you like them!

Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 4 bargue study

Tanisha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 4/5 I guess, pretty low res in terms of detail, but the conversation kept me on an edge 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.