Starting art again and would love a critique: 2-piece nude study

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Starting art again and would love a critique: 2-piece nude study

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Melinda
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

After 7 years of no art, I have been practicing from this site.  I took the still life poses from the still life timed free videos on youtube took liberties

and transformed into renditions of my mother RIP and me.  My normal medium is  collage and acrylic, some abstract and surrealism.  I seem to have lost all technical skills, still.. I would love to start up again.

Charcoal, pastel, pencil 24×18 on newsprint: studies for possible acrylic.

Possibly named: Constant Guilt About Something.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.forum.nma.art/1052176/kafcnms2l4v2l73c69x8e94ek6c9wemm.jpg

Thank you.

Melinda

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Melinda

Lovely drawings the top one is a lovely pose and has very believable form the tones are really interesting  as are the highlights ,both drawings have a lot of emotional power thanks

Tim

Nadezhda Mozhaeva
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Melinda. I think based on your description you reached your objectives. Figures look very modern style with abstract notes in them. The theme of guilt is shown well, but also somehow looks like there is some shame intermixed with it. They are powerful drawings!

Maarten Hotze
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Melinda, yes, they depict a mood in a very powerfull way. I think you have some very nice techniques showing, I really do. I especially like the section between the stretched arm, torso and background of the first work. The neck is kind of a different style, which show you use different techniques, or at least they have different appearance. Either one you may want to explore further? – Kind regards, Maarten

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.