some pages form mine

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks some pages form mine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SvetlanaIashinaSvetlanaIashina
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

So my name is Svetlana, i’m 32 and trying to turn my life around and become a professional artist. Haha 🙂 Kind of putting my faith into newmastersacademy because there are no good schools in my city and i can’t move anywhere at the moment. Planning to try out a coaching plan. My main interest is portraiture though lately i’ve become very inspired with landscapes too but have zero experience with those 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

RobertSeal-Coon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Svetlana, I like the first one especially – it’s very sensitive.  I haven’t yet dared try to draw my three year old son as I’m sure I’ll mess it up.  Do you have a fear of doing hands and feet?  I quite often just leave them out because of how hard they are, but am trying not to as I won’t get better at them that way.  The other thing I’d say is that the legs are quite straight.  I watched the painting video by John Asaro – Painting a Female Nude recently and he was almost militant about making sure that the body curves it in the first few videos.  His paintings are not really my thing, but I found that part to be very interesting.

Just a tip, you can add multiple pictures to one post by inserting each image one at a time without submitting.

I saw that you had a second sketchbook here too.  The coloured portrait there is brilliant.

I look forward to seeing more!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you 🙂

I sketch hands and feet separately, i leave them out only when i feel they are not important and not part of the story.

I did try to upload several pictures to one post but it didn’t work. Maybe because i was using the mobile version, don’t know.

As for drawing/painting kids.. I do find it a bit stressful because they move so much and generally are a sensitive subject but i feel drawn to them again and again. I find that it’s the hardest to do but in case of success it’s also the best work i can produce. Don’t be afraid, a couple of messed up sketches don’t mean anything, after all they are just sketches 🙂

Thanks for the heads up on the legs. I actually kinda like the legs on this one, but sure, the s-curve could have been more distinct. Honestly i haven’t even started learning figure drawing, i’ve only been doing head structure so far.

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your line/ gesture  is quite lovely

Tim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.