Some Comic/Cartoon Drawings

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Some Comic/Cartoon Drawings

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Eden.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eden
    Participant
    No points.

Hello! Thank you for doing these free critiques! I am hoping to learn the fundamentals from NMA and start understanding form and shape so that I can draw 3D environments.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

These have so much personality. Well done!

Eden
    Participant
    No points.

In case anybody critiques this just wanted to say the character is a SHE! But she is supposed to be androgynous.

Ramona HornungRamona Hornung
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Eden,

very sweet drawings, they feel authentic and innocent; an endearing character.
    I would like to know if it’s a deliberate choice to draw the figures so upright. I understand that the thron room scene is highly formal and all that, stuck up soldiers…. etc.  all good. And yet I’m wondering if a bit  more gesture and movement, would”t profit the characters, give them more expression.  The main character, speaks trough her -body postures/language of her aqwardness, apparent lack of confidence but also, inner  strength and resilience—- these last two especially come  from the way she holds herself up as she does….  so that’s why I’m asking.

ok, I‘ll not go further in case I may be sooooo off the track.
    all the best!

Eden
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Ramona! Thank you for your feedback!

You are right on track! 😀 You are absolutely right, more gesture in the characters in the throne room would be much more desirable. I was practicing placing figures on a horizon line. I’m struggling with applying proper perspective to my drawings. And the overall composition needs massive improvement as well. I’m trying to go back and work on the basics/fundamentals so that I can start applying them to my artwork.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Eden,

Awww these are sooo lovely! Not sure what it is, because we’ve only had brief interactions, but I can feel a bit of yourself in your work. You have a good sense of design and story telling. I could see you being able to develop your career also into children’s book illustrations. Your ability to connect, create a sense of the inner world of the character, evoking emotion and story telling would work great for that industry.

The last piece is my favourite one. I like the overall solid bold blocks of colour in the background with more variations and detail in the character and foreground. I personally feel it works well with your style.

Eden
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you, Josseline! I have focused more on story than the art so it makes me happy that the character seems to be shining through!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.