sketching – feedback appreciated

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique sketching – feedback appreciated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stacey mckenna
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Sketch

stacey mckenna
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Pastel nude

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi stacey  these are lovely I like the materials in the first one (red) what did you use ? I like that you said a lot with economy of line . Drawing 2   is different and has a very languid line  both drawings have good composition and work

The Mark’s inside elbows drawing 1 look a little bold in this digital image  also it’s not easy to read the left arm in drawing 2 overall very lovely work

stacey mckenna
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you. The first one is conte crayon and the second one carbothello pastel pencils. Thanks so much for your comments. I’ve only very recently got the courage to start sharing some of my work so it’s great to get some feedback right away.  I see what you mean about the marks on the arms. It was a very quick sketch and sometimes it’s hard to think about those sorts of things at the same time working so quickly. Food for thought 🙂

srsanyal
    Participant
    No points.

Hi

Nice sketches.

I would only cooment on the second sketch,where i  feel that the squeeze and stretch in the torso,could have been emphasized more,with more overlapping forms,and wrap over lines to accentuate the forms.The axillary folds in left arm pit,stretching of the left pectoralis   need to be more well demonstrated.

Thanks and best regards.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.