Sketchbooking from Life Week 1

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Sketchbooking from Life Week 1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, instructor Catherine Bobkoski will introduce you to valuable tips and techniques for developing a sketchbook practice. You will learn a variety of tools that can be used in your sketchbook to make the habit of sketchings fun and experimental. Catherine will demonstrate how she utilizes sketchbooks in her own work. You will be given an assignment to complete that can potentially be critiqued in the next Live Class session.

Join instructor Catherine Bobkoski for an 8-week interactive Live Class, where you will discover a relaxed approach to sketching that will help you grow as an artist, discover new techniques, and hone your observation skills. Expand your horizons by playing with your materials, embracing “mistakes” and layering different mediums. Fine artist and teacher Catherine Bobkoski will guide you through sketching techniques using a ballpoint pen, water-soluble pencil, watercolor paint, and gouache. Each week of class will focus on skill-building exercises and a new sketching prompt. Developing a sketching habit will encourage you to find inspiration everywhere and draw more consistently. Reference images will be provided throughout the class, but students are also encouraged to draw from direct observation. Along the way, Catherine will provide critiques and helpful advice as you progress through the class. Sketching can be a fun and soothing way to develop your art practice, no matter where you are in your artistic journey.

Earn a digital Certificate of Completion when you complete this Live Class and submit all assignments for review before the end of term. Certificate details are located in the Assignments tab of this lesson page. Additionally, students who fulfill the certificate requirements will receive a special badge for display in the NMA community forums and Discord server.

To receive important class updates, enter your email here.

Maggie Ho
    Participant
    No points.

Hi, I did not enroll in the live class because of the time difference, but I watched the playback and learned a lot. I’m just wondering if Catherine could upload her finished sketches of the cube and the still life in lesson 2 for our reference? Thank you! I look forward to virtually attending more lessons with Catherine. I love all the other tutors too, thank you again for setting up the NMA. Cheers! – Maggie

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Maggie, can you check to see if the one you are looking for is in the reference tab?

Kevin Gregory-EvansKevin Gregory-Evans
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Just watched the entire video, very inspiring. One question: I saw the technique for darkening value (adding a thicker layer ontop). Is there  a way to lighten a value – apart from just adding water to the area?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Mary McDonald
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello,

I’m new to this site and wanted to take Sketchbooking From Life but got a late start and can’t access the earlier videos that I’ve missed.  Is is possible to go back to the beginning of a live class course or do I just have to start from where Catherine is now? Thanks.

Mary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.