Setting Up A Still Life

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Setting Up A Still Life

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, you will learn how to set up a still life with master designer Bill Perkins; he will teach you how lighting and local value play a significant role in your still life. Then, instructor Heather Lenefsky will demonstrate how to develop thumbnails of different compositions for your still life drawings.

This lesson belongs to the course The Beginner’s Guide to Drawing. It is a 12-week course designed to empower new students with a structured approach for learning how to draw. Join instructors Steve Huston, Chris Legaspi, Heather Lenefski, Bill Perkins, and Mark Westermoe as you learn the fundamentals of perspective, rendering, and composition. After completing this course, you will develop a solid foundation in drawing.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

andy.shen15
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Pretty Cool !

Alexander Alexis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

One thing to note, I’m already running out of black marker ink and I haven’t even moved on to Week 8, so the Materials pdf should mention that we need two markers. Of course, I would only need one if I hadn’t followed along with all the demonstrations.

I indicated my preferred sticky note compositions with 3 red tick marks.

assignment1

assignment2

David MaDavid Ma
    Participant
    No points.

Still Life

Still Life Thumbnails

Robin MauriceRobin Maurice
    Participant
    No points.

Homework! I really enjoyed this exercise, love.working with markers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.