Self-portrait in oil

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities Self-Portrait Avatar Self-portrait in oil

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Diane CameronDiane Cameron
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is the 3rd self-portrait I’ve done since confinement started. I’ve been using a limited palette (Zorn) and I want to start using more colours so this is my first attempt. The colour got a bit muddy on the dark side of the face because I had trouble with the values and had to redo it but it was an experiment and I’ll do another one. I should have stretched the canvas first.  I used a piece of canvas that was a bit beat up and now I have to wait till it’s dry to fix it.
    Diane Cameron self-portrait

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I wasn’t satisfied with the self-portrait I posted so I did another one, and then this one. I learned something from each one and I think I’m improving. I’d like to complete a painting the same day to keep the energy going but I always get tired and start making mistakes so I go back to it the next day if I can.
    D. Cameron self-portrait 6-20

Chris_LegaspiChris_Legaspi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Diane. Wonderful portrait. I’m glad you kept going and painted a second. The second one is much higher quality in drawing, value and execution. Looking forward to your 3rd and 300th! 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so much Chris, I really appreciate the encouragement! I’ll keep at it. This was a great way to get participants doing self-portraits and seeing other people’s work.

JessicaJessica
    Participant
    No points.

Beautiful Job Diane!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Jessica! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.