Saying Hello from England

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Saying Hello from England

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Clarke
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi all. I’ve recently re-joined NMA, and I really want to get the most out of it this time around so decided to start by posting something here!

Any tips for making the most out of the NMA? I’m drawing pretty much everyday, – should I start a bit of a blog on here with my daily sketches? Should I stick to stuff that is relevant to the courses I am doing?

My reason for joining NMA is to improve my drawing skills, figure drawing, composition and digital painting.

Thanks

Matt Clarke

Simon Boulter
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m from England also, first time using NMA. Joined recently.

I think blogging would be good, in this forum. Keeps you accountable and you can see your progress and get advice from others.

How long have you been drawing?

Matthew Clarke
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Simon, i’m in Gloucestershire – whereabouts are you?

I’ve been drawing for about 3 years. Started with some Udemy courses, and since then just lots of books, more online courses, life drawing classes etc… Even started a distance learning Illustration degree, which i stopped because i didn’t feel i was getting the interaction i need with my ‘Tutor’. How about you?

If i start a blog on here of my stuff, which bit of the forum is best for that?

Matt

Jo SheridanJo Sheridan
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Matthew, Hi Simon,

This is so cool to find other folk from England – I’m here in Nottingham drawing in my spare room and painting in the shed down at the bottom of the garden – I’ve been learning for about a year and a half now – discovered NMA a few months ago, and only just realised that these forums exist…

Jo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.