RIch1ne Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks RIch1ne Sketchbook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rich1nerich1ne
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey whats up everyone, my name is Richard but family and friends call me Rich or Richie. I am new here to these forums. I would like to get to know more of you and contribute what I can, when I can. I would like to share some pages from my sketchbooks (I tend to jump between books). I have become much more serious about learning this year and I can only hope to continue strengthening the will to continue. I know that It is difficult to continue when you don’t see progress, but this year more than ever I have learned to stick with it! I no longer fall in love with a drawing, or have the fear of destroying it because I wish to experiment and push it beyond my capabilities. It still stings when I mess up and stings even more when I have to redo a sketch multiple times but I am growing to  know this new reality for me. Without boring you much further here are some sketches. Please feel free to express any critiques or suggestions, thank you for looking….

HANDS

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Awesome drawings! Please keep posting!

sandra
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your hand drawings are absolutely amazing!

rich1nerich1ne
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Joshua and Sandra.

Some more hands, the last one is a master study, but I am unsure who the artist is.

Tanya SannutoTanya Sannuto
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I really Love your sketchbook postings Richie. I feel them. I would love to know the rules of hatching. It’s one of my art goals. I totally love the style. Very inspiring, thank you. 🙂

rich1nerich1ne
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello and thank you @tanyasannuto. My biggest obstacle has been over and understating the value. My sketches would be either to dark or to light in areas, so the trick that helped me out a lot was first of all choosing an easy drawing or reference pose, preferably black and white and then squinting a lot. I would squint as Id look at the reference and then back at my drawing never letting go. This made the big shapes and the value easy for me to see in both my drawing and reference. As you make progress you will tend to need to squint less and less. Hope that helps some!

Charles HuCharles Hu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Rich,

Beautiful drawings ! I like your hatching which give volume and energy to your work.

Please take look at the draw over, I dedicated some of the construction of the hand and perspective of the fingers. Be cleaner on the position of the knuckles is one of the key to hand drawing

rich1nerich1ne
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, Joshua and Sandra.

Here is another hand study and the second is a master copy from an artist I do not know.

rich1nerich1ne
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@charleshu

Amazing, thank you so very much for your valuable knowledge! I see what you speak of and I will work harder to accomplish better constructed drawings next time around because of this feedback.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.