Refining Your Plaster Cast Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Refining Your Plaster Cast Drawing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, master illustrator Mark Westermoe will show you how to take a plaster cast drawing to completion. You will begin by laying down a flat mid-tone to establish the shadow shapes. Then, you will use your knowledge of value and form to add the final touches to your drawing.

This lesson belongs to the course The Beginner’s Guide to Drawing. It is a 12-week course designed to empower new students with a structured approach for learning how to draw. Join instructors Steve Huston, Chris Legaspi, Heather Lenefski, Bill Perkins, and Mark Westermoe as you learn the fundamentals of perspective, rendering, and composition. After completing this course, you will develop a solid foundation in drawing.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Ingrid Van Wauwe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Plaster cast "Beatrice " 6ste ex.

Frans Oosthuizen
    Participant
    No points.

I’m really enjoying this course and the structure it gives to developing and practicing the skills.  The long demonstrations with commentary are great with excellent insights shared.  I suspect if I continue down the journey and come back, i’ll even pick up more!  I think i’m rushing the end and should rather take more breaks.  I think i also need to develop the midtones more carefully.

Week11

Ennaqach Hassna
    Participant
    No points.

Draw

Robin MauriceRobin Maurice
    Participant
    No points.

having a hard time keeping it clean and not use too much shadowing. A lot of the time I wasn’t sure what pencils he was using even though he did mention them, but it was hard figuring out using what material at what moment. Also I realized my Brutus doesn’t look as “angry” as the original, my frowning is too soft. Would really appreciate some feedback !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.