Quick Sketches and Bridgman Studies

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Quick Sketches and Bridgman Studies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    grimmonds
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey,

I’ve been doing some 1 to 10 minute figure drawings, and I’ve been studying anatomy through copying drawings from Bridgman’s “Constructive Anatomy” and a few photos. I would greatly appreciate it if you could critique my sketches.

Thanks for your time. Sincerely,

Onaje [Oh-nah-jay]

Chris_LegaspiChris_Legaspi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

There’s nothing I love more than pages and pages of studies. Well done on the volume and number of drawings.

Your gesture drawings look really good. I can tell you understand of the concepts and principles. Even the proportion feels “right”. Your anatomy studies and Bridgeman copies are also good. I use to copy the drawings from his book back in the day 🙂

I would suggest that you challenge yourself now. That can be done in a number of ways…

1. Draw from life or live models

2. draw longer poses, 5, 10, 20 minute or more

3. Draw longer, more intensive anatomy studies starting with the full skeleton.

Just some ideas. But you’re clearly at a good stage and ready to keep progressing. Hope that helps.

-Chris Legaspi

Charles HuCharles Hu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi here is a vid critique, you graphs good sense on Line of Action. Those Bridgeman copies are wonderful. Try to apply the construction idea to your figure studies.

https://vimeo.com/416757861

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Charles HuCharles Hu.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Charles HuCharles Hu.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.