Proko anatomical skull?

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art Discussion Anatomy Proko anatomical skull?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey was thinking about buying the proko anatomical skull, I’ve been trying to learn the skull and I think having one would be fantastic. I like this one because it’s small and I don’t think that overpriced, don’t really have a place for a life size skull though that would be cool lol.
    But I wanted to hear any more experienced thoughts on it since I saw it is supposed to be based on the loomis head proportions, and if that’s important or not, for example the cranium length? Any other recommendations would also be appreciated. 👍

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

I have huge love and respect for Proko but since you’re here and you’re asking.

I would recommend instead of using an artist-created skull that you use a reduction of a real skull scan.

He is an excellent one:

https://boneclones.com/product/human-skull-1-4-scale-KO-S02/category/scale-human-skulls/human-anatomy

And if you then want to learn the muscles we have this:

https://store.nma.art/product/anatomical-head-model/

Also a reduction from the real cadaver cast probated by Eliot Goldfinger.

Clarence Tan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I was on the same quest and after some research, decided on the Proko skull.

What I like about the Proko skull:

1. Looks very detailed.
    2. Has a tripod socket.
    3. Is grey in color. Lighting a white skull might blow out the details.

Hope this helps. 🙂

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey thanks you both for the help! Joshua thanks much for the recommendation, I didn’t see this until 3 days later so I already bought the proko one haha, I think it’ll still be great for me, looks nice. Proko has been a pretty big part of my artistic development, so glad to hear it! Looking forward to using my skull for the challenge once it’s here!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.