Portrait Painting from life

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Portrait Painting from life

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    info14
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Felt I have done all I can with this painting. Would welcome any thoughts and advice on this and for the future if possible. It started as a wipe out method on a white canvas using Liquin and a brown.
    I made a second pass with this before adding a dark and light to the brown before adopting a Zorn Palette. The last few passes I introduced Alziron Crimson, some blue for the clothing (Local Colour) andViridian Green.
    Still feel there are areas of the face , and other areas could be pushed more but am at a point where I wish to walk away for fear of losing it.(which is what started to happen towards the end.)
    Definately making me think about the painting process from start to finish, mixing of colours.

Thanks in advance
    Phil

info14
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

Very good. To me everything seems correct. I like especially all the colours you have given the fabrics of the clothing.

info14
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Birgith, thank you for your encouragement. Have left the painting alone but may add a few small reflective colours in areas and look at the lights and darks in the sitter’s right eye socket. Won t Not too much though! Best Wishes
    Phil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.