Portrait of Michelle Obama

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Portrait of Michelle Obama

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Hamer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Portrait of Michelle Obama

Lewis BellLewis Bell
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great job here! I like the variety of linework you have going on! I feel like the eyes aren’t quite evenly spaced from your centre line. I’d be tempted to knock back the values on the fingers and teeth (particularly the wider ones to emphasise their wrapping around) to put the eyes clearly top of your heirarcy of interest. Well done!

Emmanuel Lynch
    Participant
    No points.

Fairly good but may want a little more variety in mark making in the hair. Looks like the eyes may be close together on average there is an eye length distance between the eyes in direct views

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey David, that hand looks really good and the portrait as well, it has good structure,  i can see you put a lot of effort into this one, though the overall obscure tone on the drawing, the high contrast in the eyes make it looks scary and plus the off placement of the eye gives us a weird feeling,  which is not bad , that would be perfect in a terror movie poster for example.

i would suggest taking more time on your initial drawing structure “as much as per needed” before going into value and details, taking time to look a the drawing upside down, on a mirror, that always help finding initial errors.

I know it happens that after putting the values we notice there are some errors on the placement or proportion and it’s way difficult to fix them on that stage than at the initial structure.  I personally remember this phrase my teacher used to say ” don’t put gasoline on the fire” .

Thanks for Sharing ::)

Thanks for sharing it ::)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.