Please critique my work.

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Please critique my work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maria Celeste Gomez
    Participant
    No points.

Hey,  my name is Celeste, I’m a young artist trying to become a professional.

I’ll upload everything I do here,  please critique my work and tell me what you think I should do to keep improving as an artist, thanks!

Russian Academic (Cast of David's Left Eye)

Maria Celeste Gomez
    Participant
    No points.

Maria Celeste Gomez
    Participant
    No points.

Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

As a co-participant I find your drawings very good, especially the last one. I have found the anatomy course of Rey Bustos and the courses of Steve Huston and Glen Villpu very helpful when drawing bodies. I recommend those. The anatomy course is quite a heavy one, but I have taken screen shots when viewing the videos, and gathered in an electronic file, as a Power Point presentation. By studying these again and again, the stuff seems to enter my brain.:)

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Celeste ,  great drawings  it seems that you have a good understanding of your drawing ( as far as I can see) , you placed correctly your core shadows, your block-in reads well and your figures look great.

It’d be easier to give feedback if you let us know a bit more of your context, which course are you taking, what is your initial intention on your drawing,  lettings us know which quality are you practicing on it will help us so we can Focus on one drawing and one aspect, that would be more easy for us and beneficial for you.

However i can quick suggest you add a bit of highlights on the eye and the lips studies and at the eye one you can work your cast shadow more leaving it as an unified tone.

Anyhow Maria thanks for sharing your work with us ::)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.