Pink series 2

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Pink series 2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dominique DèveDominique Dève
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

mixedmedia portrait

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hi Dominique,

I have to say, I’m quite a fan of this last piece. I like the combination of figuration and abstraction and I think that there’s something at the same time forceful and delicate at the same time. I took it upon myself to do a little draw-over but it’s different from the way I usually do them, which is for corrections. Here I just tried to take what you did and push it a little further in both the figuration and abstraction directions. I think what you have here is very spontaneous, seemingly done quickly, but I also believe that you could work longer on the pieces, occasionally destroying parts, but also finding new ways to rebuild and revitalize them. In a sense, layering more, accenting more, even using more media of different kinds, like ink. My draw-over is just an attempt at pushing it further in my way. You would most likely do it differently, but I recommend “overworking” a little. Also, check out the artist Anatoly Zverev. He was completely crazy, but I think his paintings are remarkable.

Let me know what you think, and keep up the great work!

Iliya

Dominique DèveDominique Dève
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for your analyse. I am a “fast worker”, it is really hard for me to go back to a painting. Another work with a different palette:

mixed media portrait

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.