Peter’s 100 Day Drawing Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Peter’s 100 Day Drawing Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 22.

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hi Peter,

I really like this drawing, and its particular attention to structure. The torso is well drawn and I’m really digging the delicate handling in the halftones. I think the drawing itself would read more “finished” if the lower legs were a little more structured, less “wavy” and drawn with light but more solid lines. I would be careful with particular poses such as this one where the pit of the neck, and the arms are obscured (the left arm in this case.) The reason for this is that in such poses, the limbs (and head) tend to look disconnected from the torso and this is particularly difficult to overcome in a drawing (from both an anatomical and a compositional standpoint.) I must say though, you’re doing a good job with it.

The head could use just the slightest bit more work, it feels too “underdrawn” in relation to the rest of the figure.

Overall, really great work!

Best,

Iliya

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for your feedback, Iliya, I appreciate it and agree with you; I don’t always find the energy/time to make a more complete study so I focus on what interests me at that particular moment, but I’ll have a go at it.

Day 23, 24, 25 – Not quite happy with these, but they were a good exercise in a more loose/expressionistic manner.

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for your feedback, Iliya, I really appreciate it and agree with you; I don’t always find the energy/time to completely finish a study so I leave some parts underdrawn and focus on what interests me at that particular moment.

Day 23, 24, 25 – Not quite happy with these, but they were a good exercise in trying a more loose/expressionistic approach.

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m about behind with the forum posting, so:

Day 26 – Tried some charcoal

Day 27

Day 28 – After spending a few hours experimenting with charcoal, I wasn’t pleased at all with the result so I got back to Polychromos and tried a self-portrait. It is far from a completed drawing, but it best describes the burn out, creative frustration and state I was in.

Day 29

Day 30

Day 31

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 32

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 33

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 34

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 35

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 36

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 37

Petru
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 38

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.