Painting Using Impressionist Outdoor Color Theory 2

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Painting Using Impressionist Outdoor Color Theory 2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this video lesson, world-renowned painter Steve Huston will dive deeper into impressionist outdoor color theory and teach you ways to use warm and cool colors in conjunction to improve your paintings. Steve will analyze a painting by Peder Severin Krøyer and demonstrate some ways to apply vibrant colors to your outdoor paintings.

Materials

• Gamblin Artist Grade Oil Colors
    • Simply Simmons Paintbrush
    • Canvas Panel
    MarionBuricatu
    Participant
    No points.

Hello,

what colors are you using? you are talking about 2 different blues, which one are they? also about your 3 primary colors, from my computer screen, your yellow doesn’t look very yellow. Can you tell me what yellow it is.

thanks

Marion

Bernabé Oschilewski
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Ultramarine blue for his slightly violet blue and probably a mixture of ultramarine blue with some pthalo green (calling out as he said in another lecture) and for that yellow it is “transparent orange” specifically a color manufactured my gamblin, its a dark yellow but as it being transparent like ultramarine it has a higher type of intensity peak unlike cadmiums or general opaque colors.

Delphine Lelorrain
    Participant
    No points.

Hello, i .m looping for the reference on the web and I can’t find it. I know it’s a ps Kroyer’s painting but I can’t find this version. Is it possible to get it ? Thank you.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Delphine, I located the painting and attached it for you 🙂
    if you are curious, the painting goes by two titles, “Roses. Marie Krøyer seated in the deckchair in the garden by Mrs Bendsen” or simply “Roses”

Delphine Lelorrain
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Daniel, thank you very much for your answer and this attachement. I found this one on the web but it is quiet different from the one that was shown at the beginning of the lesson (second video, on the screen): there is no dog and the flower under the woman’s elbow is not the same. Colors are also quiet different but it could be the photos aleas. Anyway thank you again  !

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hello again Delphine, yes the reference and painting are different. This lesson is a demonstration of color theory rather than a master copy. Its purpose is to give you tools. I think its important to read into what the instructor is trying to convey. Many of our instructors change the reference material to make something more clear or to emphasize a point. There are no rules, only tools 🙂

Delphine Lelorrain
    Participant
    No points.

Hello, I’m sorry, you misunderstood what I said. I was not comparing the reference and the painting but the reference  you attached and the one that was shown on the screen at the beginning of the lesson. As I prefered the first one, I wondered where this reference could be found.

But thank you anyway.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

My Apologies

I see that it is a different painting now. I have attached the correct reference for you 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.