Oil painting wip, hoping for constructive critique.

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Oil painting wip, hoping for constructive critique.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Francisco Frutuoso
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Francisco Frutuoso
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Another photo with less glare

srsanyal
    Participant
    No points.

Wow,i really like this composition…such balance of colours..and contrast b/w the objects on table and the  curtain,window..very well balanced.staring at this painting…i mist say ..gives  a  calming and relaxing feel.

Francisco Frutuoso
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you very much!!!. I’m glad that this painting evokes such feelings on you!!

I still feel I can take this further thought, but I have some hard choices to make and posted it so maybe I can get some help making them.

Thank you again for your thoughts! 🙂

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Francisco nice colour pallet ,and intesting still life really unusual perspective and light  ,I find the box right side under window less timeless and the angle distracts for me is not as harmonious  lovely painting very calming to look at

Tim

Francisco Frutuoso
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Tim!. Thank you for the feedback! as always very constructive!!

Nadezhda Mozhaeva
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Francisco, I think you are having a great  start here.  My only question to you – is this painting about window ? Let me explain why I am asking – due to high contrast of the window grid it takes all attention from what happens on the table and a story about habitant of the room gets lost. Do you think it is possible to open that window and let that artistic spirit to flow in the world outside with the music?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.