New to NMA, former BFA grad

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! New to NMA, former BFA grad

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nicki SmithNicki Smith
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi everyone! I’m from Florida, currently still residing here.

I obtained my BFA in fine arts in 2017, and I have been tattooing for two years now. So I apply art on a daily basis, but it’s not what I want to do for life (the tattooing, I want to do art daily in other ways lol).
    I’m fortunate enough to have found a a desired style in the tattoo world but it just doesn’t feel personally fulfilling. As an introvert I can’t do this forever either. Too much energy and people.

I’ve always wanted to know how to tackle anatomy better and just understand the basics. I just want to further my art career.
    I feel like the 3.5 years I spent in undergrad didn’t stick/ the professors didn’t teach me what I wanted as it was a liberal school ( I had to take book arts and printmaking and other forms of art which I think is nice to understand, but not if you don’t want to pay a couple thousand when you’d much rather learn anatomy/ other essential art skills that I don’t feel were pushed or required)  I just think there’s so much room to grow and I’m hoping NMA will be the fill to the void I’ve been seeking!
    I wanted to eventually become a professor or do some form of art teaching, but I don’t feel I have the portfolio to show because I hated all my undergrad stuff and threw most of it out! (I was doing more sculpture and still experimenting with what I even enjoyed by the time of my BFA show?????)

Anyways! Sorry for the ramble! I’m just very excited to see what NMA and the community has to offer! I hope all is well and safe with everyone in this time 🙂

-Nicki

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nicki, welcome to the community. I hope to see you sharing your progress here in the community!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.