New member here *waves*

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! New member here *waves*

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RyanRRyanR
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Good evening all,

I’m scared, lost and in need of making a connection. I’m not entirely new to the world of art, in another life time I took classes in Graphic Design but years tipping of the bottle and allowing my time to be stretched in every direction but where I wanted took it’s toll on my life. I lost the passion I once had for the arts and ended up and just another cog in a go nowhere job.  So many wasted years of life….

I’m not here to dwell on past regrets. I’m here because I found a new passion for creating art (currently with a pencil and paper but with the rabbit hole lurking close by)  I have no idea what direction I want to go with my art. I have ideas but lack direction. I have taking the time you check out a few You tube lessons but find myself wanting a more structured approach and be in a community with like minds people. To be honest I probably won’t jump in fully to NMA just yet. I want to hone the fundamentals of drawing before I fully commit myself (and money) to NMA. But I want to to at least start checking out the forms and maybe post a drawing or two while I’m at it. I’m miles (and miles) away form anything I’ve seen on here so far but I am commented to growing and learning and an artist.

I’m somewhere between not young and not yet old. I have plenty of time to change my life for the better and to, hopefully, meet some new friends on here too. Until next time…

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

RyanR,

It’s never too late to get serious about your art. Welcome to the community. You have come to right place.

Although you have experience I would recommend you work your way through our beginner program which we’ve made available free during the crisis.

Please share your progress here on the community. Maybe even consider using it as a 100 day challenge?

https://www.nma.art/courses/a-beginners-guide-to-drawing/

RyanRRyanR
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

The beginners program sounds good to me and thank you for making it free during this time, that definitely helps me gain a better understanding of NMA before I commit time and money to more programs.

I’ve read about the 100 day challenge and plan on taking part very soon, I have an idea of how I want to challenge myself and just need to flush out the details.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Sounds great!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.