my Study of a Pino Daeni Painting-Critique would be greatly appreciated>

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique my Study of a Pino Daeni Painting-Critique would be greatly appreciated>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tanya SannutoTanya Sannuto
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi there, I have a love hate relationship with my paints and paintbrushes, so haven’t picked them up for a month or so but decided the other day to dive in again. I took one of my old canvases and recycled it by embarking on a new adventure in paint. I am now at the point where i’m not sure in which direction to dial down on, or if I should just leave it and move on. I’m at the point where my internal judger is not speaking loudly, or screaming at me, except for the left eye which I can see is not finished. The canvas is quite battered with lumpy bits of old paint marring the surface so its never going to be pristine but I would like to make the most of what I have going on with it.  I work in acrylics. I would really be so grateful for some feedback on what must be done from here. So much gratitude for this generous opportunity to learn. Thanks in advance

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Tanya SannutoTanya Sannuto.
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I also tacked on this other painting of Andromeda in case critique will stretch to two 🙂

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

These are great. I would like to see you push for more construction and more form. Also I think you should continue to work on gesture. That would help you move the eye through your work more clearly (beyond just the overall orientation of the figure). Also your value design could be clearer.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks! When you say construction, do you mean the framework/scaffolding?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.