Models Bridgette and Serge from image library

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Models Bridgette and Serge from image library

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aidan AndrewsAidan Andrews
    Participant
    No points.

Probably the best two figures I’ve drawn to date. Personally I think I need to improve conciseness of plane change, but otherwise I’m not sure. Any advice would be great.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Can you post higher resolution images under better lighting? That will help with the critique.

Participant
    No points.

Yeah thanks for lettin me know, that was a screenshot of a screenshot from my Instagram. Sorry bout that.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Aiden

I can see you were making sure to think of the figure in basic shapes and forms, and trying to see the changes in light and shadow as the planes change – which is great. I think you captured the overall pose well. I think separating the light and shadow sides and making them more clear would help create more dimensionality. The right lower leg perhaps repositioned a bit? It looks like that is the supporting leg, but anatomically it doesn’t read quite right but I feel that’s nitpicking a bit, haha. Keep up the drawing! I sure need to. I slack a bit in favor of doing more painting, but drawing is the foundation! Learn, draw, and draw some more.

Participant
    No points.

I remember when i started my plan was to go super simple on the shadow shapes but i got carried away a bit. But yeah, I’ll definitely be working on tone more. Thanks!

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I have a similar problem. My shadow and light sides start to merge the more I develop the drawing and are less distinct from each other. More practice is all 🙂 No worries!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.