Marlena’s 100 Day Art Challenge: Self Portrait

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Marlena’s 100 Day Art Challenge: Self Portrait

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Marlena CallusMarlena Callus
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’ve decided to take this challenge as a way to better understand proportions values and realism in portraits.  Since I have no model to work with I chose self portrait.  I hope to get better with this challenge.  I love doing portraits.  I will start with charcoal and hope to move on to other media.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome to the challenge. Great idea! I have just issued you your badge for the 100 day challenge. You should also post your portrait as your avatar which is actually another challenge here: Portrait Challenge

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Working on my 100 day art challenge of self portrait.  This is exciting and challenging at the same time.  Trying to change the pose in a self portrait is hard.  Though about maybe wearing a hat for the next one.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Well it’s been two days since I posted, but I have been workin on my self portrait.  I decided to use pastels to get a better feel for them.  Quite challenging but fun.  Trying to see how the colors mix and trying to stay focused on lights and darks   Self portrait

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I have completed my self portrait in pastel asome time ago.  I have had some minor set backs due to life situations.  I have been drawing constantly however and even started oil painting.  I have a been all over the place with my art studies.  Really trying to work on form and values before moving on.  I also have a been reading so many art related books.  I have been doing some master copy drawing which I find relaxing and fun.  Trying to get back to ;the self portrait challenge that I started

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is my first master copy drawing of a Leonardo Da Vinci portrait of a girl.  I am hoping that copying the great masters will help me with my self portraits

HeatherLenefskyHeatherLenefsky
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Marlena this is an excellent study!  Very nice sensibility to this, and great work showing a variety of line qualities and direction.  You are clearly moving onto more advanced material, so  I made some notes for you I hope are helpful.  Remember to check that center line as the muzzle protrudes- push that mouth out.  Double-check the width between the eyes using the side of the nose, and pupils might be getting a bit large.

Well done!notes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.