Landscape oil on canvas that could use some critique

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Landscape oil on canvas that could use some critique

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi guys, worked on this in the last couple of days, could use some critique 😊

Annie Survis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey!

So, I think what I notice is that the values of the middle ground is too close to the values in the mountains in the background? they all seem a little mid-rangey to me. I’m not the best judge of this, I’m the first to admit.

I like the dark bushes in the foreground. a lot, and I like that you break up the river so it’s not a solid mass.

Thanks for sharing. I hope this is a little helpful!

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Annie, thank you for your critique!

Just to be sure, are you refering to the middle ground plain or the small mound to the right of the river? I would agree mainly regarding the mound. But also this picture was badly taken, theres some light reflex over that mound and piece of sky. Anyway, once I rested a bit from this one I’ll look at it again, thanks a lot!

The dark bushes and the broken up river are actually the main elements that caught my attention in the reference too! Thanks for noticing, these are really the key of this composition

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.