Jenny’s 100 Day Challenge from Gestures to Forms

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Jenny’s 100 Day Challenge from Gestures to Forms

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    CeciliaVedbergCeciliaVedberg
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, I like the way you work with the gesture, it inspires me a lot

ZHI SUZHI SU
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jenny, beautiful works! I really like the way your lines flow, graceful and gestural. I understand what you are talking about getting stiff when copying things. It happens to me when I become too careful and or focus too much on details. I guess the only way is to practice out of it. It seems that you are very disciplined and are willing to do the basics. Your learning is more effective that way. That’s something I need to work on. I’m motivated by a more finished product, but for learning, that’s less efficient than target practice. Keep up the good work!

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Cecilia! I will practice in developing the gestures into more completed drawings. The challenge will always be keeping the life flow with more lines and tones are added. Glad you drop by and good luck with your challenges!

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi ZHI SU,  loved your colored works! I guess I have the problem in reverse: I tend to lose interest once the problem is tackled and not have enough perseverance developing it into its finest. We are all challenging our weaknesses and that’s the fun part of the journey, isn’t it? 🙂 Thank you for your advice and good luck with your works!

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25:  practiced drawing from imaginations and some basics..

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

awesome gestures jenny 🙂 ive gotta do more form drawing also xD

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Lucas! 🙂 Have fun drawing!

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26: gesture and a sketch of a sculpture

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27: Can’t believe it’s D27 already..hopefully I can make more out of the remaining days.

Working on sense of forms and contours…something is still wrong with these. Will try to tackle them again with perspective studies tomorrow.

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 28: working on mechanical drawings..still need to practice more before moving on I think. Also tried some gestural drawing and a sketch of a torso sculpture.

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 29:

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 30:

Jenny
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31: Been stuck at the same place for a few days…

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

You’re doing great and your progress is obvious. With more practice you will build confidence and it will show in the lines.

Consider finding more corners whenever you feel that your forms are too vague or wobbly.

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jenny,

You improved so much in a month, it’s very inspiring ! I love your gesture studies

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.