i would not be the artist i am today without new masters

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Testimonials i would not be the artist i am today without new masters

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nickpalmer581
    Participant
    No points.

the amount of progress I’ve made by using this website is incredible, I’ve learned basic anatomy, design, colour theory and painting, composition, even art philosophy. you can get all of this info in books for the most part but what makes this better than books? the simple answer is you get a human connection. watching a new masters academy lesson in full is like sitting down these masters one on one and you receiving the knowledge from these masters of the visual arts. you hear them talk about there life and experience; they will crack jokes; they will even talk about the artist that inspired them. this isn’t just like a book that dehumanizes’s the teacher into this flawless master, you see these people work right in front of your eyes, using what they are teaching you, but they also mention when they make a mistake. I can’t tell you how this has helped my self-esteem as a new artist to see people massively more skilled than me “mess up” and be okay with it or even make it work with the piece.

I strongly urge you to get a subscription if are at all interested in becoming an artist, especially if you are in high school. you go beg your parents for a subscription because this website could actually be a make or break for you as an artist. even if you are in your  60s or 70s and have never drawn in your life, please get this service.

Tuesday
    Participant
    No points.

So Nick how did you go about it, how many hours a day did you watch and practise, and how long have you been subscribed to NMA. I just started a few days ago

nickpalmer581
    Participant
    No points.

4 years

nickpalmer581
    Participant
    No points.

the way I went about it is looking through the beginner classes that go over the basics of drawing, then steve Huston’s lessons, then whatever anatomy teacher you like, then bill Perkins for composition.

Tuesday
    Participant
    No points.

Ok thanks

MyriamMyriam
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, Nick.  Where can be find your art? Instagram? I would like to see it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.