I Was Just Leaving_Critique Request

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique I Was Just Leaving_Critique Request

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    haggiben
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

First of all – I want to thank you guys so much for doing this. This is an amazing opportunity for me.

Secondly – I would love to hear as much critique as I can get so please don’t be gentle ^_^

Done digitally, no references.

NormanNorman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Is it only me who cannot see a picture in your post?

NormanNorman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Just took very long to load 🙂 Great image, I llike the color style, even though the face feels a little too blue for me? Also the smoke (?) coming from the face confused be a little. I could understand the purpose. The hand feels like it is touching glass – on purpose? Hpe my questions help you.

What I like a lot: The composition, the way that it makes me curious what happend and the clear focus.

Thanks for sharing!

haggiben
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

thank you so much! I appreciate everything you said and I agree, especially with the smoke bit…

DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

I like the point of view that you chose for this image. It really helps tell a story and contribute to the overall mood. I also think that the color palette is working well. I think that the right eye looks a bit off compared to the eye on the left side which is further away. I think that you could also increase the contrast a bit on the shadow side of the face, because it does feel like there is a directional light coming from above already, but I think punching the shadows bit would help increase this sense of light. Overall I really enjoy this image though and I like the Oliver Twist/ Charles Dickens kind of vibe its giving off. I hope this was a useful critique!

Best,

Dane

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.