I want feedback

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique I want feedback

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Laura EspinosaLaura Espinosa
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, my name is Laura I´m 16 years old; this work was done last year, I used pastel is 35x50cm. I want honest feedback and critiques.

Thank you so much.

Rachel Atkins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I really love your work Laura, you have created a great sense of atmosphere with your high contrast and fading between light and dark. The eyebrows, beard and wrinkle lines are really effective, nicely done. The lighting and facial features are really interesting, perhaps a more dynamic pose, rather than directly side on, would add some extra wow factor. It’s really great drawing.

xelael
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, Laura.

Great use of pastel here. It’s a wonderful medium, filled with possibilities. I will try and give you more precise feedback later when I can work over it in photoshop. There is one thing I could say immediately, though.

Notice how inadvertently, I assume, you ended up creating a great deal of contrast in a place I believe you did not intend to be the main focus of your portrait, which is the ear. There’s a very strong dark against a very strong light, and it’s pulling too much attention to it. My suggestion would be to lower that contrast so that the eye can more easily navigate through the portrait and focus on what seems to be the most important aspect, the man’s expression.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.