Tagged: self-portrait in watercolours
April 23, 2020 at 12:14 pm #487788New Masters AcademyKeymasterNo badges. No points.
Okay, artists, it’s time to show us who you are!
For this challenge, you must create a self-portrait drawing, painting, sculpture, or digital piece, to use as your community avatar. Ready?
- Create your self-portrait in whatever medium you want
- Take a photo of your portrait
- Go to your public profile edit page (https://www.nma.art/forums/users/YOUR_USER_NAME/edit/)
- Scroll down to “Avatar” and click “Choose File” then click “Upload”
- Once your avatar is updated, come back to this forum and create a new topic with the title “Self-Portrait in Oil” or whatever medium
- In the body of your post, tell us about your experience creating your self-portrait
- Feel free to update and share your avatar with a new self-portrait as often as you like
- Once you post, you will get a special badge that can be seen by everyone in the community, commemorating your achievement!
We encourage all artists, even if you have an existing self-portrait, to create a new one specifically for use in the New Masters Academy community. But, if you already have a self-portrait, it’s okay to use this as your avatar. Just make sure you post in this forum with the image and tell us a little bit about the process.
We can’t wait to see your self-portraits!May 8, 2020 at 6:45 am #516198David BillingsParticipantNo badges. No points.May 9, 2020 at 12:34 pm #518547rodrigovcostaParticipantNo badges. No points.May 9, 2020 at 1:28 pm #518686KittyParticipantNo badges. No points.May 9, 2020 at 2:49 pm #518815Phu NguyenParticipantMay 9, 2020 at 3:40 pm #518935John RohrbachParticipantNo badges. No points.
First crack at acrylics – or first canvas anyway. There are 5 atrocious paintings under this one. I texted images back and forth with my mother during the first few weeks of quarantine, and it gave us something to talk about other than the news. This was the first version where my dad chimes in to say I was “getting somewhere.”May 9, 2020 at 10:58 pm #519674daenjolis151ParticipantNo badges. No points.May 10, 2020 at 2:59 am #520004Ilan ShaitParticipantMay 10, 2020 at 4:06 am #520105Magi HernandezParticipantMay 10, 2020 at 10:18 am #520878Kevin OlverParticipantNo badges. No points.
My first ever self-portrait and the first time using this paper. It was a challenging and intimate exercise. Perhaps it was no coincidence that I had started watching the BBC Dracula TV series. 🙂 I’m already looking forward to the next self-portrait.
May 10, 2020 at 10:11 pm #521748stonem1ParticipantNo badges. No points.May 10, 2020 at 10:16 pm #521761Kelly JensvoldParticipantNo badges. No points.
- This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Kevin Olver.
That looks epic! Great job!May 11, 2020 at 5:45 am #522253MyriamParticipantNo badges. No points.
I drew this self portrait in the back of a watercolor sketch, that’s the explanation of the bumps you may see. It’s like a floating head inspired in a selfie, I have long hair in reality.
I have seen that the more damage or cheap or inadequate is the paper I use, the better I feel drawing on it…. because I won’t spoil anything!
Be happy and safe!
Kind regards from Spain.
MyriamMay 12, 2020 at 8:08 am #524772MyriamParticipantNo badges. No points.
I’m sorry. It wasn’t here where I was supposed to talk about the self portrait. I’ve just created a new topic with the title “Self-Portrait in Graphite”. I wish I knew how to delete this. 😐 Thank you.
MyriamJune 18, 2020 at 8:24 am #588107Allen CarterParticipantNo badges. No points.