How to Paint the Portrait with the Zorn Palette

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion How to Paint the Portrait with the Zorn Palette

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Betty Ng
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Daniel.  Very helpful.

Corlina
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m quite sure that ‘Kate-31’ (9th pic) is the picture that Joseph is actually working from, not the one that is showed in the video, which is completely different in terms of lighting.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Carolina, You are correct. We are working on having this image added to the video 🙂

Michael Feeney
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Daniel for posting the additional reference shots of Kate.  I’m pretty new here and was having a very hard time trying to reconcile the skin tones being (beautifully) painted by Joseph with what I was seeing in the reference photo.  The new posted shots make much more sense to me now.

Suzanne Cohen
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi there,

I mainly work in acrylic’s, I was wondering does anyone have any ideas on how to use acrylic with these tutorials? Acrylic’s obviously dry really fast, how do I get to my base colour every time? Or should I use oil – not adverse to oil at all. Perhaps use a slow drying medium or something, so that I can mix into the base colour?

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.