How to Draw the Head

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion How to Draw the Head

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this extensive lesson, master draftsman Glenn Vilppu shares with you his approach to head drawing. Glenn will begin with an in-depth lecture on head structure and features of the face. Next, he will share his thoughts on master works and analyze various artists’ approaches to head drawing. Glenn will then doing several demonstrations drawing from various model references using a variety of mediums, including charcoal, fountain pen, and water brush.

Materials

• Maruzen Art Lead Holder with Charcoal Lead
    • Namiki Falcon Fountain Pen
    • Caran D’Ache Supracolor Soft Aquarelle Pencil – Brown
    • Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencil – Sanguine and Black
    • CarbOthello Pencil – Black
    • Noodler Konrad Brush Pen
    • Conté Drawing Pencil – White
    • Pentel Water Brush
    • Drawing Paper
    • Canson Toned Paper
    JohnnyMccoullough
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi,
    When Glenn refers to the corner of the eye socket, what exactly is he referring to anatomically speaking?

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I have seen a few different teachings on head drawing and none is nearly as clear and direct as this method. Many thanks to Mr Vilppu.

I decided to give this a view while also studying the figure drawing course and I am thoroughly enjoying both!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

loving this so far, could watch him all day. In fact I find the editing a little sad when he gets into some anecdotal tangent that explains his point and it cuts him off and hes suddenly back to drawing again. I can only wonder what he was going to say! </3 🙁

OlgaOlga
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This course contains great information with top professional instructor, only I wish it was presented better  with provided references photos and Glens final drawings .  Also a lot of times the way Glen draws is hidden under his hand and you cant see much. At one point his full drawing process is hidden under reference image ( lesson 1  drawing on green toned paper part2 ) plus the reference photo doesn’t correspond to the tilt of the head Glen is drawing.  So this sections seems to be done very sloppy.  Also in a lot of parts of this course information is repeated, so it feels like it was just taken from various masterclasses  and put together.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by OlgaOlga.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.