Hi, I am Denie

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hi, I am Denie

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Denie Kony
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey I am Denie from Czechia. I am a professional dancer and dance instructor. I’ve been traveling the world teaching for the past 4 years. Suddenly I found a passion for drawing and can’t get enough. I’ve been taking classes with NMA for a while now, but never realized that there’s a vibrant community in the forums.

Anw, I’ve lately seen myself steer my life toward a different path in art from what I’ve been doing and been thinking of working in illustration. I’ve always wanted to publish books and I opened myself more to this childhood dream. Classes here have given me so much I can’t even describe it. I’ve been using it extensively in teaching dance also, but now applying it more and more to my drawing. This is a beautiful platform and the teachers are heaven 😀

Nice to meet you all, hope we can grow together as artists.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome, Denise. I used to do Argentine tango and Salsa back in the day. Taught a bit, didn’t compete, but my friends were professionals and I got a taste of the lifestyle. What kind of dance did you do?

I think you’ll find that your dance experience will help you visualize bodies in space and make you more aware of balance.

Can’t wait to see more from you.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    Denie Kony
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you. I am a hustle dancer and instructor, aside from that I am inspired by and do all sorts of dances ranging from street dance to contemporary or butoh. I find that having mastered one thing to a certain degree helps me appreciate fundamentals a lot more in any other field and also makes it easier to learn. Knowing my body and how to move it helps a lot with line control and being a teacher helps me see things better.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

I totally agree with that. Once you learn “how to learn” you can pick up any new skill with more ease.

Welcome to the community. 🙏🏼

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.