Hi from the Philippines!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hi from the Philippines!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JassiJassi
    Participant
    No points.

Im not exactly new here but I haven’t got the time to introduce myself, I found out about NMA around November last year when I was trying to find a systematic way of learning the riley method and stumbled upon this site and I got so excited!

I started getting more into art back in 2013 but never really took the initiative to learn it cause I  thought I could just learn by eye and when time passed I fell more in love with making art but got frustrated at how I wasn’t improving the way I wanted, I knew it was because I knew nothing about the foundations but I was too scared to admit it cause I had this fixed mindset that if I wasn’t good at it without the basic knowledge I wasn’t “talented” which was really silly.

I really wanted to attend art school but my family can’t afford to send me to school so being able to learn this much from this site made me so happy! I made a whole schedule for myself with the different courses I wanted to take so it really feels as if I’m attending art school. I got lots of comments about how my work improved so much in a short time and I can’t help but gush over how NMA helped me so much! hahaha

I wonder if there are any students here from the same country, maybe we can link up after ecq lifts 🙂

Anyway, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy <3

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome to the community. I’m grateful that you put your story into words so candidly. I think a LOT of artists go through something similar and it’s really difficult to help them get passed that mental block so they can truly grow and learn. I hope it’s not too much to ask but could you share this experience on the testimonials forum?

I think it would help other artists to get back to the fundamentals.

Anyway, I look forward to  see your work and your progress!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.