Hi from Spain

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hi from Spain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Philippe MartinPhilippe Martin
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi there

French living in Madrid, Spain for 30 years. As a street photographer confined for now two months, I decided to reconnect with my very old drawing passion (when I was a teenager – many, many years ago). Amateur of medium and large format analog photography, and mainly of street and travel portraits, I aspire to transform my skills as a slow photographer into those of a fast drawer…  With no other goal than that of making better drawings on my sketchbooks.

I discovered nma.art by chance.

The level of most of the courses I see here are far above my aspirations and beyond my reach, but  I am very happy with the first videos followed, and with the almost immediate progress that I gained from it.

So thank you for the moment to Charles Hu and Steve Hudson for their fantastic basic courses on the proportions and the gestures of the head.

Hope I’ll have the time, patience and consistency to do at least one (quick) portrait a day, trying to improve my appreciation of the proportions and characteristics of the people I draw.

See you soon.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome! It can be overwhelming at first so take it at a pace you’re comfortable with. Have you seen our beginner’s program? That’s a great place to start!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.