Hi everyone from Spain!!!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hi everyone from Spain!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MarianoMariano
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello everyone, my name is Mariano and I am from Murcia, SouthEast of Spain.

I’ve been in NMA for a year and nine months but I haven’t been much through these forums. I am a mechanical engineer and had no Art training until I discovered NMA after checking all online options.

Therefore, starting to watch Chris Legaspi and Heather Lenefsky’s classes in their Course for Beginners was like entering a new world. After them, Mark Westermoe (RIP), Glenn Vilppu, Steve Huston, Charles Hu, Ray Bustos, Bill Perkins, Karl Gnass, Danny Galieote, Iliya Mirochnik, Leo Mancini, Joe Altwer … It’s such a great pleasure to have them all within reach and at my own pace. I think that NMA changed my way of seeing Art forever.

I use to start by following the courses from start to finish and doing all the assignments, but many times I just play the lessons in the background and they act like a mantra while drawing anything. I’ve been mostly drawing with Charcoal, Graphite, Sanguine and Pastel.

Now I decided to start with Oil Painting as an absolute beginner and I’ll be really glad of sharing my progress with you all.

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi and welcome Mariano,

yeah that’s true there are many other great resources to learn art but not many of them have such a big group of professional artist’s in one place. I myself haven’t really touched any paint yet and I’m still figureing out the drawing part. So it must be exciting to start the “second path” in your journey.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Mariano, it sounds like you’re taking your training very seriously. Welcome! Please share your progress with the community!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.