Hello, I’m Lewis from England!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello, I’m Lewis from England!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lewis HoughtonLewis Houghton
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi everyone,

I’m a graphic designer with a passion for drawing and illustration. It’s my dream to work in children’s literature and move out of my day job. I’ve been putting off developing my skills for a while now but recently I found about this site and knew I needed to join!

Would love to make new friends who are also arty and creative as I don’t have many.  Any tips or help navigating the millions of tutorials would be helpful!

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Lewis

Great that you have decided to follow your dream , I love Childrens  books and illustrations , fell free to share work on the open critique , be good to know how you navigate the site I am still on the beginners drawing course as I’ve had no training and started painting drawin  this July , I have dropped paint and colour theory , and  am practicing the fundamentals  in pencil charcoal etc

Love a bit of light blue paper !

Enjoy your journey

Tim

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Tim, thank you for the welcome message! I will get round to sharing some of my work, I’m still getting used to the forums and how they work since I’ve never really used one before. how are you finding the site since you joined in July? have you always been artsy?

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Lewis joined about three weeks ago  messing about since July

I think the urge to Express has allways been there and has now found a home

Sorry to be thick what is graphic design also do you already have art educating in all  drawing  painting fundamentals ?

Tim

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Ahh nice! not too long then, and don’t be silly I’m sure you are not thick! In all honestly I wasn’t really sure what graphic design was until I fell into it.

My current role I make lots of charts and graphs look prettier by using adobe illustrator. It’s very corporate and a little boring, but I do like the job and the people I work with are really nice. It’s just my dream to be writing and drawing full time, publishing books. I don’t get much chance to draw in my day job.

I’ve always drawn since i was little and it was the one thing i was really good at in school, but despite that i never took further education so I’m completely self taught. I would have loved to do art at collage but thats the beauty of this website, I just need my skills brushing up a little.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.