Hello from Tokyo

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello from Tokyo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brian WoodBrian Wood
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi there. I’m Brian Wood-Koiwa, an American living in Tokyo (for almost 20 yrs). I joined NMA about a month ago spurred on by our constant friend the pandemic. I have been attending an atelier here in Tokyo for about a year practicing drawing (classical style – graphite, charcoal, then pastel/conté) and was about to start oil painting before I had to stop going temporarily due to the pandemic. I knew about NMA for a while and always thought about supplementing my atelier lessons with the courses here. Since I cannot attend the atelier for the next couple months (or more), I decided to go ahead and join.

I’m treating this as a kind of university; by talking several courses at a time like one would do at a university. Taking several figure drawing and head drawing courses, an oil painting course, and a sketching course. I have been practicing every day and and slowing getting the hang of certain aspects, especially figure and head.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Brian, welcome to the community. The way you’re using the site is great. If you can put serious time into it you will get great results. Please share your work here on the community.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.