Hello From Sacramento

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello From Sacramento

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James ThamesJames Thames
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Howdy Folks!

I’m James Thames, I’m 30 years old, and hail from Sacramento, CA. I stumbled onto NMA through the Huston head lesson on Youtube, binged the whole thing and ran back here to sign up. As for my drawing/art background, I attended an animation trade school and did a few drawing classes there before it was unfortunately shut down. I’ve been hesitant in pursing an art education again but NMA has erased all of those doubts. I’m simply blow away at the amount and quality of knowledge that’s here.
    I’m honestly floored at the level of instruction in the video lessons here, I’m learning so much more than I ever did when I attended college.

My goal is to get a solid handle on the foundations of traditional drawing and hopefully step into portraits and figure drawing. From there I’d love to pursue a career as an animator or concept artist.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome to the community James. Thanks for the kind words. We have great foundational drawing courses and this week we actually published a new one. Here’s the link:

https://www.nma.art/courses/the-beginners-survival-guide-to-drawing/

James ThamesJames Thames
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for the welcome, and I’ll definitely check out the course. I haven’t been this excited to draw in years.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.