Hello from Calgary, Canada

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello from Calgary, Canada

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Urban James
    Participant
    No points.

Hello everyone. My name is Rob and I’ve recently reconnected with an earlier passion on drawing that was entirely self-taught. Figured now was the time to learn more about how to draw, but my schedule doesn’t easily allow in-person courses. Having lots of free time in the evenings and weekends due to the COVID restrictions has enabled that. While looking at different art resources online, I came across the free offering of the beginner’s course with Chris and Heather. Watching/working through that course definitely highlighted the quality of instructors and program.

My interests are in figure drawing, and seeing the different course line-ups, almost too difficult of a choice of where to begin, but I’ve decided to start with the Russian Academic method. To complement this, I’ve also decided to start “Finding your Voice as an Artist” which I’m finding quite interesting and causing me to think through the art differently.

My goal is to develop a figure drawing portfolio, focused on graphite and charcoal that is strong enough to get an exhibit at a small local gallery and continue to grow from there.

All the best,

Rob

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Rob,

Welcome to the community. If you’re interested in figure drawing you’re definitely in the right place.

The Russian Academic approach is a great place to start. Please share your progress with the community as you go!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.