Greetings from Abby! (US)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Greetings from Abby! (US)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    abbyed
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello! My name is Abby, and I am new to the art world in general but also to New Masters Academy.  I am very excited to learn here as I live in a small Midwestern town where these types of learning resources and communities are sparse. Yay for online resources!

As far my artistic background goes, I have almost no experience. I am in my late 20s with a job in finance and a desire to pursue meaningful hobbies. I hated art classes as a kid and was never one of those people who doodled for fun. I did (and do) write stories and have recently thought about visual forms of storytelling (illustrations, graphic novels, etc). Which is in part what brought me here.

I would like to learn how to draw — not just character designs and concepts — but also realism (potraits, mostly, also scenes). I’m a little art baby with only a month or two under my belt, but I want to start off with a solid foundation of fundamentals and learn from the best of the best.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I’m excited to be here!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by abbyed.
    Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Abby,

Welcome, I am pretty new to art too. I followed this course plan and I’m enjoying it!

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1snb6iXfrqL8p1IJ1GFVW3X-EjRvQ1tnHSqGsnRBkwXQ/edit

Hope you learn and enjoy from it too! Happy drawing!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.